Respite Care Services
We value you, our clients and staff, and we want to do our best to prevent the spread of infectious illnesses in our community! These coming weeks will be filled with uncertainty, anxiety, and profound challenge for all of us. As we confront these challenges, it is especially important for us to take care of ourselves. We will continue to update you regarding our practices and any safeguards we take as needed.
We urge you to continue to visit the official websites of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) for information. If you have questions about COVID-19, call KDHE's hotline from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (866) 534-3463 or email COVIDemail@example.com. For 24/7 assistance, those who have developed symptoms can call the special epidemiology hotline at (877) 427-7317.
Breta Campus, Coordinator
Southeast Kansas Respite Services, Inc.
If you are in need of respite care for a family member while you take time to shop for groceries, go to a movie, keep an appointment, take a walk, or recharge, then keep reading.
Southeast Kansas Respite Care Services serves Kansans in their own homes with individualized care providing peace of mind to individuals and their families.
Your family member may be eligible for Respite Care Services if:
- she or he is a Senior, 60 years or older and approved through Southeast Kansas Area Agency on Aging.
- living in a community in which SEKRS, Inc. is a participationg member of a United Way or Community Chest.
- he or she has an Intellectual Developmental Disability (IDD) and is on the Home and Community Based Services Waiver.
- a child approved for respite services through their mental health center.
- willing to private pay for services.
Respite Care Services provide:
- Care for persons of all ages who have special needs
- Options for families to identify their own provider or to select from our group of trained providers
- Matching the needs of the family with the skills of the provider
Families can count on
- A break or rest from the care required by a loved one with special needs
- Experienced and well-trained providers and family satisfaction
- The convenience of having staff schedule Respite Services
- Satisfaction with services provided
Peace of Mind
- Prior to the respite taking place, the provider and staff visit the family to become familiar with the specific needs and requirements
- Providers have undergone comprehensive background checks
“Thank you for the respite that allowed my father to stay at home as long as he did. The breaks were very good for me to avoid burn-out. The caregiver was great with my dad. He was one of the few people that could make my dad feel safe and comfortable.”
“As a caregiver for my 95-year-old mother in my home, this service has allowed me respite care for out of town commitments, mainly doctor appointments. I am extremely grateful.”
Families said, “I just want to say that this service has been a tremendous blessing to our family. The care providers are wonderful. My daughter likes them and is always pleased to know one of them is coming.” “No one can imagine just how much we care when someone, somewhere offers a helping hand.”
How to Request Respite Services
Mail completed application to SEKRS, Inc., P.O. Box 936, Parsons, KS 67357. (Send forms via U.S. Mail. Do not email.)